How The World Works Mathematics is a book that traces the history and importance of math in a language kids can understand.
Encourage your learner to understand the world through mathematics. Written by popular author Anne Rooley, How The World Works Mathematics contains nuggets of wisdom and lots of well-researched information of the history of mathematics and the great minds that influence the world today.
This reference book spans a wide range of topics from the Ancient Egyptians and geometry to chaos theory and fizzy logic. Beautiful illustrations make it a more engaging read for budding mathematicians and young scientists.
- How The World Works Mathematics takes readers on a trip to meeting mathematical intellects and discovering humankind's greatest achievements.
- Topics include:
- The Movement of the Planet
- The Ancient Egyptians and Geometry
- The First Computers
- Algebra, Solid Geometry, and the Trigonometric Tables
- Chaos Theory and Fuzzy Logic
- How Statistics Come to Rule our Finances
- And more!
- Includes beautiful illustrations
- Written by Anne Rooney
- Paperback, 208 pages
- Suitable for children 12 years and up
- Reference book measures 22.8 × 16.5 × 1.7 cm
How The World Works Mathematics makes the world of numbers and math interesting for young learners.